Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast
The following policies govern booking a room and staying with us:
- » Reservations can be taken online or by phone.
- » All reservations are confirmed in writing.
- » Master Card and Visa accepted.
- » No checks accepted for payment within 14 days of the arrival date.
- » We are a smoke free Lodge and smoking is only allowed outside.
- » Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast is not geared for children, and does not allow guests under 18 years of age.
- » Pets are not allowed.
- » Quiet Walker Lodge is not responsible for personal property damage or loss.
- » Please note that Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast is privately owned and privileges of its use are discretionary with the management.
- » The rates and policies of Quiet Walker Lodge B&B reflect the ambience and quality of our beautiful, romantic suites. Our inn is one of the few lodging facilities in the Midwest where you can plan your own special occasion. Surprise your sweetheart and make them feel like a queen or king for a day.
Making Your Reservation:
- » Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast views every guest registration as both special and important to us.
- » Reservations may be made online by using our reservation page or by calling us at (563) 552-1034.
Payment Options & Deposit:
- » All reservations are held with a credit card deposit; Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
- » To secure your reservation, we require a 50% deposit of the total reservation price.
- » If you prefer to pay the balance by cash, it will be due upon arrival. Unfortunately, we do not accept checks.
- » The balance is due upon arrival.
- » If reservation is made less than 14 days prior to arrival, full payment is due at the time of making the reservation.
- » Please see our cancellation policy for additional information.
- » Rates are based on double occupancy, and do not include applicable taxes.
- » Gift certificates issued by Quiet Walker Lodge are valid for one year from date of issuance.
- » We also honor Gift Certificates issued by BedandBreakfast.com and the Iowa Bed and Breakfast Guild (IBBG).
- » Gift Certificates must be mentioned when you make your reservation.
- » Once a reservation is made with a Gift Certificate, it may not be rescheduled or changed.
- » There are some restrictions that apply to all Gift Certificates, including blackout dates and minimum stay requirements, and no refunds on unused balance.
- » The Gift Certificate must be presented at the time of check-in.
Minimum Stay Policies:
- » Periodically, a two-night minimum stay requirement is implemented (typically on select holiday weekends). Should this apply, it will be noted at the time of booking.
- » Please contact the innkeeper for additional information, or to see if any rooms have been released from the minimum stay requirement.
- » Though we love pets, we regret we are not able to accommodate them.
- » Service dogs are accommodated in accordance with law.
- » We are a small, privately owned business and, due to our small size, cancellations, especially those made close to your scheduled arrival date, impact us significantly as it makes it extremely difficult for us to rebook your room. For this reason, we must enforce a strict cancellation policy:
- » Should it become necessary to cancel your reservation with us more than 10 days prior to your arrival date, we will refund your deposit, less a $30 processing fee.
- » » Cancellation within less than 10 days of your arrival or "no shows" will be charged the full amount of the stay.
- » » If we are able to rebook your room, your deposit, less a $30 processing fee plus 10% of the reservation total, will be refunded.
- » There is no price reduction or refund for early departure.
Non-Refundable or Cancellable Holidays:
- » Major Holidays, including Valentine’s weekend, and some major festivals/events, are not cancellable at any time after the reservation is made.
- » You will be charged in full for canceling during these holidays and festival timeframes:
- » » Valentine’s Day Weekend
- » » Memorial Day Weekend
- » » Fourth of July Weekend
- » » Labor Day Weekend
- » » Fall Colors Season (typically the last week of September through the first 3 weeks of October, see reservations page for exact dates as they vary by year)
Winter Storm Policy:
- » In the event of severe winter weather and it becomes necessary to cancel a room reservation with less than advance notice (as determined by Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast), you have the choice of rebooking at that time or taking your deposit as a gift certificate, which is neither non-refundable nor non-transferable a gift certificate, is subject to room availability and is good for up to one year from the date of issue.
- » Check-In
- » » Check-in normally runs from 3 to 6 pm. If you require an earlier or later time, please let us know and we will review the check in procedure with you.
- » Check-Out
- » » Check-out is 11 am.
Breakfast and Dietary Needs:
- » Breakfast is served beginning at 8:30 AM and serving ends at 9:30. Please contact the innkeepers for special needs (i.e. you are departing early to visit an attraction).
- » If you have dietary constraints or are allergic to certain foods, please let us know when you make your reservation. We will make a reasonable attempt to accommodate your dietary needs.
- » If you decide not to have breakfast, please let us know the night before.
Children and Unregistered Guests or Visitors:
- » Quiet Walker Lodge is not geared for children, and does not allow guests under 18 years of age.
- » Unregistered guests are not allowed in guest rooms. Please check with the innkeeper regarding procedures for having your friends visit in our common areas or decks.
- » We are a non-smoking facility. Smoking is permitted outdoors only. Rooms that are smoked in may be professionally cleaned at a minimum fee to the guest of $250.00.
Candles, Incense, etc.:
- » For guest safety, and in accordance with County regulations, the use of candles, incense or similar items in guest rooms is prohibited. Battery operated candles are provided for that special ambience.
Items Left Behind, Lost or Stolen:
- » We only return items left behind if they are requested. Please email or call as soon as you know you are missing something, and please be prepared to cover the cost of postage with a credit card number when you call.
- » Quiet Walker Lodge is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Thank you for your understanding.
Damages, Excessive Cleaning:
- » A replacement and/or repair cost will be charged for any items missing from, damaged or requiring excessive cleaning in a guest room upon the date of check-out. This includes, but is not limited to, fixtures, towels, bedding, decorative items, trashed rooms, removal of bodily fluids, the use of unapproved soaps, oils, etc. in our tubs or showers and tubs or showers overfilled causing water damage. Damages will be charged to the card of the registered guest responsible for that room. We reserve the right to determine to what extent the items can be repaired, dry cleaned or if they need to be replaced.
- » To ensure that your room is always clean, comfortable and welcoming, we will enter guest rooms daily to refresh bathrooms, empty the trashcans, and make the bed. However, we respect our guests’ privacy and provide “Do Not Disturb” signs for all of our guest rooms. If a “Do Not Disturb” sign is hanging on a guest room door, we will not enter the room.
- » As part of our commitment to maintaining and eco-friendly footprint, Quiet Walker Lodge proactively takes steps to lessen our impact on our environment. We will not change the bed linens, towels, or robes in a guest room unless the guests stay with us at least three nights. However, we want all of our guests to have the best experience possible and will happily replace these items more frequently if specifically requested .
- » Quiet time on the property is 11:00 pm for the consideration of our other guests and neighbors. Fire pit must be extinguished not later than 10:30 PM. Thank you for your understanding.
- Room Rate Chart
- Room Locations
- Reservation Policy
- Festivals and Events
- Gift Certificates
- About Us
- Photo Gallery 1
- Photo Gallery 2
- Photo Gallery 3
- Our Brochure
- Native Iowa Wines and On-site Walking Paths
- The Heritage Trail, The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, The Mississippi River Walk and Mississippi River Rides
- Dubuque Area Visitors Center (opens in a new page).
Rita (assisted by her husband, Charlie)
18132 Paradise Valley Trail, Durango, IA 52039
Or email us at relax@QuietWalkerLodge.com