YUMMY Breakfast for you!
Another breakfast our guests totally enjoy. Easy to make and a joy to eat!!
TOTAL TIME to Make this Breakfast: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + standing
MAKES: 12 servings
- bulk pork sausage: 1 pound
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Pour eggs over cheese. Top with sausage mixture.
- Pour the cream over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Yields: 12 servings.
Be sure to visit us at Quiet Walker Lodge where you can Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate and enjoy a wonderful breakfast like this one every morning you are here. Come Experience the Difference!!!