This Weekend in Dubuque — Go Fighting Saints!!!
Dubuque Weekend Activities 02 19-02 22
Just a few of the events of interest:
- Dubuque Fighting Saints vs. Muskegon | Mystique Ice Arena, USHL hockey game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Night
- Classical Blast | Mississippi Moon Bar,Diamond Jo, mainstream rock and pop music, 21+, no cover
- Brewfest 2015 | Mystique Casino, samples from 30 featured breweries, 100+ craft selections, 6 wineries, and 2 distilleries, 21+
- Sleigh Ride & Snowshoe Hike at Dusk | Fever River Outfitters, Galena, Reservations and more information at 815.776.9425
- Dallas Brass presents American Musical Journey| Heritage Center, University of Dubuque, brass & percussion musical travelogue through American history
- Pop Rocks | Mississippi Moon Bar, Diamond Jo Casino, high energy dance music, 21+, no cover
- Native American Love Flute| EB Lyons Interpretive Center, Mines of Spain, Native American stories, flutes, language, and a short movie, free
- Dubuque Fighting Saints vs. Cedar Rapids| Mystique Ice Arena, USHL hockey game, Mascot Mania
Lots to do, so come stay with us for the weekend so you can see these and all of the other activities listed in the Weekend Activities file above. Rest, Relax, Rejuvenate at Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast, a short distance from Dubuque. Come Experience the Difference!
Be sure to visit us at Quiet Walker Lodge where you can Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate. Come Experience the Difference!!!
This Weekend in Dubuque and Surrounding Area
Weekend Activities 02.12-02.15
A great list of activities in Dubuque and the surrounding area for our guests, past, present and future. For example, check these out:
- Sleigh Ride & Snowshoe Hike at Dusk (3:30) or Candlelight Snowshoe Hike & Cross Country Ski (4:30) | Fever River Outfitters, Galena, Reservations and more information at 815.776.9425.
- Mr. Rat Pack | Mystique Casino, throwback to the music of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and more, 21+
- Buddy Holly Dance| Dubuque County Fairgrounds, classic dance music, cash bar, and a variety of contests.
Be sure to check out the Weekend Activities sheet to see everything happening in the Dubuque area this Valentine’s Day weekend.
Check us out at our website, Quiet Walker Lodge, just a short distance from Dubuque and the Mississippi. Facebook lovers can visit us at Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast, a Dubuque area bed and breakfast. Stay with us to Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate. Come Experience the Difference!
Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Quiet Walker Lodge is proud to present Dubuque Events and Festivals 2015 information to help plan your Dubuque trip:
From the Dubuque 2015 Travel Guide just for you!
Click to download the PDF file of events and festivals, or download the entire Travel Guide or view it all online by clicking HERE (brought to you by the Dubuque Convention and Visitors Bureau).
When you come and stay with us, you are only a few short minutes away from downtown Dubuque, the location of many of these fantastic events. Check out the travel guide for a list by month of the many activities in the area, and check our blog weekly for an updated list of the local activities happening that weekend.
At this event, there were a variety of birds of prey on display. Some were even allowed to fly around inside the auditorium while the handlers told about the bird, their habitat and their habits. A really interesting experience, especially if you’ve never seen an eagle up close.
My favorite was the bald eagle. Seeing one up close allows you to better understand why it was selected as our national bird (beats the turkey as Ben Franklin wanted us to have). Unfortunately, the one featured in the picture below is not able to be released back into the wild, but was more than fascinating to just observe.
Birds of Prey Activity in Dubuque a few weeks back featured a beautiful bald eagle up close.
I see everything…
Another breed of eagle
Looking Out the Window
If you watch out your window, or are sitting on one of the decks, you might just see some of these visitors. Rest, Relax, Rejuvenate at Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast near Dubuque, IA.
Other visitors include a large variety of birds, squirrels in both grey and black, chipmunks, ground hogs, turkeys and more!
You never know who may be watching you!
Out for a relaxing walk around the Lodge.
Weekend Activities 02 05-02 08a (PDF)
Come and enjoy the activities Dubuque has planned for everyone!
- Dubuque Fighting Saints vs. Cedar Rapids| Mystique Ice Arena, USHL hockey game, Vegas Night
How about this one in Galena:
- Saturday Morning Group Snowshoe Hike | Fever River Outfitters, Galena, Reservations and more information at 815-776-9425
- Bull Riding| Five Flags Center, thirty bull riders put their skills to the test in front of an audience for cash prizes
Check out the rest of the activities in the document above!
Visit our website for information on Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast!