Phill’s Scottish Eggs
Scottish Eggs have become a favorite among our guests. Phil has graciously provided his recipe for all to try. ENJOY!!!
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- Italian or Plain Bread Crumbs
- Hard boil eggs – Put eggs in water – bring to a boil – removed from heat – cover for 10 minutes – remove from water – crack & put in frig until cool enough to peel
How to make:
- Portion sausage into 5 equal parts.
- Flatten into patties.
- Place peeled egg in center of patty.
- Form sausage around the egg.
- Roll in bread crumbs. (If gluten free, skip bread crumbs.)
- Place in large muffin tin & cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes then turn completely over in tins.
- Recover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Remove promptly from muffin tin to avoid any sogginess.
When you stay with us, be prepared to enjoy a breakfast like this one!
Be sure to visit our website at Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast where you can Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate! Come Experience the Difference!!!!
YUMMY Breakfast for you!
Another breakfast our guests totally enjoy. Easy to make and a joy to eat!!
TOTAL TIME to Make this Breakfast: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + standing
MAKES: 12 servings
- bulk pork sausage: 1 pound
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Pour eggs over cheese. Top with sausage mixture.
- Pour the cream over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Yields: 12 servings.
Be sure to visit us at Quiet Walker Lodge where you can Rest, Relax and Rejuvenate and enjoy a wonderful breakfast like this one every morning you are here. Come Experience the Difference!!!